"Thank you so much for your prayers. God has been answering in incredible ways." - Margie Randall
An Update from Margie, November 2015
What do most moms and dads worry about? Is it not their children being fed, clothed and educated? If the children are fed and clothed properly, then there is less stress on the family. With the help of volunteers who donated their time and brought food, we were able to feed between 14-20 children 4 days per week times 3 months during the summer. The newly arrived refugee families had not enrolled their children in school yet so there were no school breakfasts or lunches. Since dad was busy looking for work and mom did not speak English well, it was a blessing to be able to feed the children where they live.
Ready for School:
Because of the generosity of God's family, we were able to buy new school clothes and shoes and back packs and school supplies and even underwear and socks for over 75 children, mostly from refugee or low income families.
English conversation groups:
The Afghan ladies, who probably did not have an opportunity to go to school in their country, were eager to learn English. God provided more volunteers and English conversation classes began at St. Cloud for the Afghan ladies on Tuesday and Thursday. The classes for the Bhutanese men and women continued on Monday as usual. Then, the Lord opened another door at a different apartment complex for more English conversation groups with Muslim women and He provided volunteers for that ministry as well. He also provided the funds to purchase workbooks and volunteers to teach us about the Afghan culture and teach us how to teach them English. Thank you, Sally and Jean. Recently, another door opened at the third apartment complex for English conversation groups. That was truly His spirit at work because the volunteers had been praying for two years for an opening to get into that complex.
For the Thanksgiving holiday, volunteers came out to show the love of Jesus to about 50 children and adults and feed them pizza. It was beautiful to see so many Christians come out for this event and to see the children of many nations happily playing together.
Future events for prayer:
Tomorrow, November 29th, there will be a church group to love on the children at St. Cloud apartments and play games with them. Then on December the 5th, the children will perform the Christmas story from the book of Luke for St. Cloud residents. The children will be dressed in the appropriate costumes to be shepherds, angels, and Joseph and Mary. On that same day, at Santa Fe apartment complex, the residents will enjoy a pancake breakfast and music sung by the Joyful Sound home school choir.
As I visited Santa Fe apartments on Friday, it was revealed to me that one lady who attends First Baptist Houston, had been wanting someone to come and perform there for some time. Awesome God put that together!!! On December 12th, the St. Cloud families are invited to Kingsland Baptist church to play games, enjoy a delicious meal, and hear the Christmas story.
Please pray for the Christmas events to bring glory to Him and touch the hearts of the parents and children for continued favor with Ashford properties at all of their apartment complexes for more servants. The harvest is white and the laborers few for the seed of His Word to go into good soil in hearts for wisdom in all decisions for the ministry another apartment complex in NW Houston that wants English conversation classes in January
- for all of the volunteers who have committed to serve
- for all who give so that we can be His hands and feet to serve those in need of rental assistance, food, clothing, shoes, hygiene supplies and diapers
- for all who regularly pray for this ministry
- for the opportunities that He gives us to share the reason
- for our hope and joy and peace that we live in freedom
Current and ongoing needs:
- 4 sofas ( if you have a way to deliver them), coffee tables. lamps, sets of dishes, sets of glasses
- Personal hygiene, family size items (toothpaste, toothbrushes, laundry soap, dish soap, diapers -all sizes, wipes)
- gently used or new sport shoes and soccer shoes
- baby equipment (umbrella stroller, walker, pack n play)
- child care workers so that ladies can enjoy their English groups, Tuesday and Thursday mornings and Saturday morning
- leaders for English conversation groups in West Belfort and Stella Link area and NW Houston area
- donation room workers on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 am to 12 pm.
- men interested in teaching English to Muslim men on Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon
Have a blessed holiday season as we celebrate the Reason for the Season-our Lord, Jesus Christ!!
"Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and will be repaid in full" Proverbs 19:17