BE STILL & KNOW THAT I AM GOD: DEVOTIONAL PRACTICES
In this practical, hands-on session, you can explore a variety of practices to strengthen your relationship with God through personal and corporate devotional times.
Devotional Practices Booklet Handout: PDF format
- Lectio Divina (a practice of deeply reflecting on the meaning and application of scripture);
- Labyrinths and where to find them in Houston (a physical practice of journeying with God);
- Experiencing the Creator through appreciating the beauty of creation;
- Artful Prayer (using creative art, hymns, music, paintings, etc. to connect deeply with God);
- Contemplative Prayer (allowing God to communicate with us during a period of thoughtful silence).
As we take a brief look at a number of devotional practices, Erika Hughes Brunson (facebook) will be a special guest that day sharing her experiences and perspectives on experiencing God through art; Sally Hinzie will share how the practice of journaling has been meaningful to her.
Enjoy Erika's art on display in the UBA Offices during June, July & August.